(Campus)lifehacker: Making your own guac at Jo’s
It’s 1:30 a.m and you are in dire need of some avocado goodness. Your cash flow is low, but your Flex Points are banging. What’s a Brown student to do?
We made our own guac at Jo’s and so can you.
It’s not an official offering and we all know that late-night avocado at the Josiah’s salad bar is as rare as a rainbow Negg in Meerca Chase, but under the right conditions, it can be done. Here’s how:
1. Smile widely at your salad assembler. Pass on the lettuce.
2. Admit you are being a bit of a diva/o, explain your guacamole goal and ask for as much avocado as the worker will give you.
3. Add tomatos, onions, peppers and black bean salsa to the mix.
4. Smile widely again at your salad chopper, who may be a little confused. Again, admit your diva/o needs and ask if they might agree to mash up your guacamole-elect. Oh, and nachos? Thanks.
5. Head to the cashier. Things may get tricky. Just be upfront about what you’ve got going on in that container. They may charge you for a full salad, but it’s Monopoly money anyway, so you can deal.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Sit back and bask in the glory of the guacamole and your friends’ admiration.
(props to Amber L. and Jackie G. for their innovations in guacamole science)