Playlistology: Top 5 songs for post-break crash
Oh, the treacherous return to productivity after a week of couch-surfing, Top Chef marathons, and various forms of inebriation. For many of us, being greeted by the combination of responsibilities and a snowy spring will inevitably result in procrastination, laziness, and one-too-many hours spent on pauladeenridingthings.com. To celebrate this week-long period of lethargy, we present a playlist of songs that are a perfect backdrop to all your dawdling endeavors.
5. The Importance of Being Idle- Oasis: Take a cue from these Manchester rockers and say a big “F- you” to it all (accompanied by an emotive guitar track, of course).
4. Sunny Afternoon- The Kinks: This song musically embodies the blissful, warm, sleepy chilltime perfect for sunning-it-up main green style.
3. Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon- Queen: If you enjoy lounging in vintage style, complete with parasol and martini in hand.
2. I’m Only Sleeping- The Beatles: Even the greatest band of all time needs to release its inner slacker.
1. Because I Got High- Afroman: An all-encompassing excuse for when your laziness reaches near-pathological levels.