Need to get shit done? Most of students pack their bags and trudge off to the SciLi or the Rock in hopes that they’ll escape the endless hours of browsing through time-wasters in their rooms. But as those afflicted with the student syndrome know, nothing stops them from starting on their work until the last possible second. At the Rock, where hundreds of periodicals are displayed prominently next to the study area, even those who snort adderall should find it difficult to concentrate and not procrastinate.
Here’s a round-up of the top five periodicals that could potentially consume hours of your time that could be used to finish that paper that’s been on your to-do list since February:
5) New American Paintings presents the best 40 works of contemporary American art entered into their competition each year. You can easily spend hours marveling at the mesmerizing pieces of work featured in this publication.
4) Unless you’re a math or philosophy concentrator, nothing in the Journal of Symbolic Logic should make sense to you. But that shouldn’t stop chronic procrastinators from trying to figure our just what a “complicated ω-stable depth 2 theory” is.
3) Okay. Maybe you are a math major and you already subscribe to the Journal of Symbolic Logic as well as the Bulletin of Symbolic Logic and the Review of Symbolic Logic. Try understanding it in German, and try figuring out symbolic logic in Zeitschrift für mathematische Logik und Grundlagen der Mathematik!
2) Are you a senior or a freshman already worrying about life after graduation? Occupational Outlook Quarterly gives you the latest in prospects in the job marketplace and tips on how to epic win your next interview.
1) Spring break just ended, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start thinking about next year’s spring break. Why not check out the Journal for the Center for Puerto Rican Studies so you can start booking airplane tickets and get the early bird discount? While you’re at it, take a look at the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs.