Seven reasons why you should go to tonight’s SPEC Day Carnival
- You’ll probably already be sitting on the Main Green day-drinking when they set it up.
- Dinner without spending a meal credit: SPEC promises a great cook-out with all the regulars (hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers), but it’s the extras that are setting them apart from the Ratty — cookies, snow cones, cotton candy, ice cream sandwiches, popcorn, water, lemonade and iced tea.
- Implication that this is one of those rare occasions when you can actually find a bottle of water on Brown’s campus
- To get a dope tattoo for the weekend: This year will be the first featuring an airbrush tattoo artist, so start thinking about what you want.
- The chance to take revenge on that professor who graded you too harshly at the charity dunk tank (and all the proceeds will go to the kids!)
- The opportunity to watch your drunk friend embarrass himself on a mechanical bull: Photographs are priceless and may ruin future job prospects.
- It looks like it’s going to be the only Spring Weekend event not menaced by the threat of rain. So soak up that sunshine while you can!
Thanks to Holly Lauridsen ’11, co-president of SPEC, for the facts about the event, which happens tonight on the Main Green from 5 pm to 8 pm.
See you there!