We knew it would never last. News broke yesterday that Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from husband Kris Humphries 72 days after the two were married. The ceremony took place on August 20th of this year, cost $10 million dollars and, like all things Kardashian, it was featured as an E! Special. The fact that Kim’s mom’s name is also Kris sure must have made things confusing; just imagine the scene in which the Kardashian Klan is sitting around the dinner table and Khloe asks Kris to pass her the peas. Hmmm, ambiguous and awkward.
Clearly, a 72-day marriage is a very brief one. The hashtag “#ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage” has been trending on Twitter since the news broke yesterday. At BlogDailyHerald, we understand that 72 days seems like a nominal indicator here at Brown—days blend together, days turn into weeks, weeks turn into months and, before we know it, the semester is more than halfway over (sorry to scare y’all, just speaking the gospel truth). To help you get a sense of the length of Kim and Kris’ marriage, we’re defining #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage in terms of time at Brown to give you:
#ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: Brown Edition
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: The line to get into Whisco this past Sunday night.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: Gail’s “hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii” upon entry into the Ratty.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: The amount of time it takes for the page to refresh after you hit “register cart” on Banner.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: The line for CFF at 12:00pm.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: The walk to Perkins from anywhere on campus.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: Your hair. Seriously, we know you haven’t gotten it cut since July.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: Winter break.
- #ThingsLongerThanKimsMarriage: The wait for Diddy to come on stage at Spring Weekend ’11.
Now some nooooiiiiiiise.