5 last minute Valentine’s Day dates for the procrastinating Brunonian
Unable to get a table at New Rivers for tonight? Well, BlogDH has got you covered. Here are 5 last minute V-Day date night ideas for you lucky Brunonians who want to make tonight a night to remember but forgot to make plans ahead of time.
- Romantic dinner at the Ratty. Although taking your date to a BuDS eatery for Valentine’s Day shouldn’t even be on the table at this point, there are ways to make this trip to the Ratty a relatively romantic occasion. First, bring your own table cloth and maybe your own cutlery and tableware (rose petals scattered on the table or a bouquet of flowers would also be nice touch). Second, scout out a nice corner of the dining hall for you and your date to enjoy your carefully prepared meal. Finally, follow these 8 simple rules for the Ratty date.
- Movie night in Salomon 101. Normally, you would have to book your rooms and request media service in advance, but there’s always the off chance that you’ll find an empty lecture hall with its media equipment still open. So spend your night going through rom-coms in the privacy of your classroom. However, as Brown tour guides like to remind prospective students, there are only a limited number of large lecture halls on campus where you can achieve this cinematic effect, so be sure to claim your classroom early.
- Stargaze at the Ladd Observatory. The Ladd Observatory will be hosting its weekly public telescope observation nights on Tuesday from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. Alternatively, if you are unwilling to make the trip up north, you and your date could always stargaze from the roofs of certain University buildings, from the thirteenth floor of the SciLi or from the Quiet Green.
- Take a walk in the greenhouse. While most people have seen the Plant Environmental Center on Waterman before, very few have ventured in to enjoy the wide variety of flora and fauna from all across the world. The greenhouse is open from 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Go on a BrownBares photo shoot. For you adventurous and free-spirited couples out there, why not document your night by whipping out your camera phone and snapping your exploits on what is arguably the most romantic night of the year? BrownBares on Thayer, anyone?