BlogDH Presents: BergeMash
Alas, as of 5:00 p.m. yesterday, the great experimental time known as shopping period drew to a close. It’s time to
actually buy your books get to work. Now that you’ve accepted your fate for the semester and picked your four (or, if you’re an overachiever, five) classes, you will find yourself looking longingly at a friend’s syllabus for a class you never heard about, and it will have Fifty Shades of Grey on its reading list. You can be bummed that you missed out on taking this class… or you can make up your own that’s even better. Enter BergeMash.
What’s BergeMash, you may ask? Named after Brown’s beloved Dean of the College, BergeMash perfectly combines Dean Bergeron’s musical and academic interests in a hilariously fun and mentally stimulating game.
The task is simple. Open up your iTunes. Pick a song. Take the title, add a colon to the end, and turn it into a Brown class offered by a specific department. Check out some of our own creations after the jump. (We can definitely see some of these classes being taught here. Next semester, K. Berge?)
1. COLT1620 — Can I Kick It? Suicide in Literature
2. URBN1700T — Jesus of Suburbia: Spirituality in a Post-Urban Context
3. AMST 1000B — Party in the U.S.A.: Festival Culture from Woodstock to Ultra
4. POLS1821JZ — Empire State of Mind: Political Psychology of Colonization
5. BIOL0800 — Nothing But Mammals
6. INTL1450 — Like A G6: Major Players in the European Union
7. GNSS1080 — Feelin’ On Your Booty: The Politics of Consent
8. HIST0990 — Oops, I did it again!: The Gulf Wars
9. RELS1520 — Karma Chameleon: Buddhism’s Western Reappropriations
Make sure to hit us with your song/course combinations in the comments.