Have you ever wanted to star in your own video? Do you love Brown? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you should participate in Brown’s first ever crowdsourced video compilation project called Brown 250+ & Me! As part of Brown’s 250th Anniversary Opening Celebration, Brunonians around the world have been invited to make a 10-20 second video to be included in a video that will premiere March 7, 2014.
Here’s what you need to do to get involved:
- Choose a way of making the video. Vine, Instagram, your webcam are all acceptable forms of recording.
- Set the stage. Wear Brown swag, grab some friends, or smile big. Whatever you do, be creative. Make sure to avoid excessive background noise and shakiness of the camera.
- Figure out what to say. You should mention your name, class year, and current location. After that, you can say pretty much whatever you want! If nothing else, shouting “In Deo Speramus” wouldn’t be a bad idea.
- Submit the video. You can either email the file to Brown250@brown.edu or upload on whichever platform you choose using #Brown250.
- Rejoice. You now have 10-20 seconds of fame that is available for viewing pleasure for forever starting March 7, 2014.
If you have any other questions, feel free to email Brown250@brown.edu.