Ladies and gentlemen, the time is upon us to indulge in another season of the political behemoth that is House of Cards. Before embarking on your Valentine’s Day binge, prepare yourself for yet another round of chilling quotes. The first season was chock full of ’em. To recap (in a spoiler-free way), I’ve decided to give some of the most memorable quotes a more Brown-centric context. BlogDH presents to you Overheard at Brown: House of Cards Edition:
- “I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.” Most frequently heard after students interact with Gail. Hiiiiii!!!
- “I feel like I met the ‘real you’ for the first time right now.” Most common sentence said during the FYS “Who Am I?”
- “There is no better way to over power a trickle of doubt than a flood of naked truth.” Uttered by Julian Assange supporters in the Blue Room.
- “How quickly poor grades are forgotten in the shadow of power and wealth.” Alums relishing their newfound financial independence from the institution. Fight the man, man.
- “I’m not going to lie. I despise children. There I said it.” Most common phrase said by the S/NC kid in your Education class.
- “Everything is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.” Overheard at your Gender and Sexuality Studies seminar. Where does God come in?
- “I pray to myself . . . for myself.” Typically said by the
demigodsathletes and try-hards on campus.
- “If you want to earn my loyalty then you will have to offer yours in return.” Overheard during the first week of Fall semester among freshmen.
Enjoy the binge.