Bad weather alert: Outdoor Spring Weekend concerts in jeopardy

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 3.26.47 PM

The forecast for Spring Weekend needs to change. The ten day forecast now displays there is a 40% chance of rain on Friday, and a 60% chance of rain on Saturday. In other words, it’s not looking good.

So what does that mean for us? The first possibility is that everything goes according to plan; it doesn’t actually rain, and we all get to enjoy the concert outside. There is also a chance that if it rains a small enough amount, we can still have the concert outside and enjoy Waka in the mud. It would take going hard in the paint to a whole new level.

I am a bit reluctant to write about the next possibility because I am not trying to jinx anything, but if it ends up raining too much, the concert will have to move inside. All of the extra tickets that go on sale for guests, friends, etc. will no longer be available. This is a huge bummer. (The last time the concerts were held indoors was in 2011, before even this class of seniors was at Brown, so it’d be a new experience for all of us.)

But hey, I’m an optimist, and we won’t know for sure what will happen until next weekend. For now, I plan to keep listening obsessively to Modest Mouse, and keep my fingers crossed.

bruce

Images via and via.

Be Sociable, Share!

1 Comment

  1. nate

    You should probably check that first sentence and consider why it’s problematic.

Leave a Reply