- The visceral reaction to “Rodent” is more analogous to the Sharpe Refectory experience than “Ratty.”
- A “rodent” was found dead in the building, not a “ratty.”
- Anarchy for the sake of anarchy is, at its core, kind of fun.
- I don’t really remember why it’s called the Ratty, at least this way I’ll have an explanation for why we nicknamed a dining hall after the most recognizable symbol of disease.
- Rodent? Are you serious? Gross.
- Renaming a landmark structure alienates older students.
- I don’t even get it.
- It’s been the “Ratty” for as long as the current generations can remember.
- Does nobody care about common decency anymore?
- There are certain values which are integral to an institutions core, and it is the responsibility of the populace to uphold those traditions.
- Am I really going to have to go talk to some lanyard wearing freshman to figure out why they decided the Rodent was an acceptable name for─
- Why do I sound like a traditionalist conservative?
- Is all it takes to bring out the hardline conservative in me─ the Rodent vs. Ratty debate??
- Maybe the Rodent is the change we need.