For those of you who missed James Franco’s hotly anticipated appearance on campus last month as part of the Ivy Film Festival, Charlie Rose has now uploaded the video. You can watch the full interview here. At about 53 minutes, it can serve as the perfect break from whatever book your nose is buried in.
Photo credit: Emily Gilbert / Herald
Today’s SPEC Us Out: Del’s and Donuts is the latest in a series of genius moves from SPEC. Take advantage of the beautiful weather today to bust out of that library (or classroom if your profs aren’t observing reading period) to get some free Del’s lemonade and Dunkin’ Donuts. Better hurry up! The event lasts until 1:30 PM, but the donuts are going fast!
With the start of reading period, we’re going to be bringing you Study Breaks, instead of the usual time-wasters. Study breaks are designed to waste more time than a time-waster, for when you just can’t stand to read another page of your textbook or write another sentence of your paper.
HuffPo certainly was subtle
Unless you were living under a rock (or in the Rock) last night, you’ve doubtless already heard that Osama Bin Laden is dead. But that doesn’t mean you’ve already heard enough about it, right? We’re going to bring you the kind of analysis only BlogDailyHerald could provide (or link to) after the jump. Continue Reading
Retro-style “Diamonds and Coal” from The Herald’s issue on September 17, 2004:
And a diamond to the brilliant Brunonian who thought to affix a Jägermeister bottle to the paw of the statue of the bear outside Faunce House. Next up, wanna find a donkey, feed it some beer?
We’re at it again. BlogDailyHerald is reporting LIVE from Meehan Auditorium to let you in on the ups, the downs, and the absolute drunken mayhem from part two of Spring Weekend 2011. Check the stream periodically for updates on the music acts, and check out the Blog later on for photos from the concert. Lezzdoit, Brown.
- You’ll probably already be sitting on the Main Green day-drinking when they set it up.
- Dinner without spending a meal credit: SPEC promises a great cook-out with all the regulars (hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers), but it’s the extras that are setting them apart from the Ratty — cookies, snow cones, cotton candy, ice cream sandwiches, popcorn, water, lemonade and iced tea.
- Implication that this is one of those rare occasions when you can actually find a bottle of water on Brown’s campus
- To get a dope tattoo for the weekend: This year will be the first featuring an airbrush tattoo artist, so start thinking about what you want.
- The chance to take revenge on that professor who graded you too harshly at the charity dunk tank (and all the proceeds will go to the kids!)
- The opportunity to watch your drunk friend embarrass himself on a mechanical bull: Photographs are priceless and may ruin future job prospects.
- It looks like it’s going to be the only Spring Weekend event not menaced by the threat of rain. So soak up that sunshine while you can!
Thanks to Holly Lauridsen ’11, co-president of SPEC, for the facts about the event, which happens tonight on the Main Green from 5 pm to 8 pm.
See you there!