Long gone are the days of waiting in line to use the printing station in Faunce. Apparently, we’ve been able to print wirelessly to PAWPrints all along. All it takes is a download or two, tweaking your system preferences, and, voilà, wireless printing is a go. Check out the high production value videos (see below) and written instructions to find out the full details. Now, every printing excursion can be stress free, that is, unless the printer’s broken…
Ladies and gentlemen, the time is upon us to indulge in another season of the political behemoth that is House of Cards. Before embarking on your Valentine’s Day binge, prepare yourself for yet another round of chilling quotes. The first season was chock full of ‘em. To recap (in a spoiler-free way), I’ve decided to give some of the most memorable quotes a more Brown-centric context. BlogDH presents to you Overheard at Brown: House of Cards Edition:
- “I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.” Most frequently heard after students interact with Gail. Hiiiiii!!!
- “I feel like I met the ‘real you’ for the first time right now.” Most common sentence said during the FYS “Who Am I?”
- “There is no better way to over power a trickle of doubt than a flood of naked truth.” Uttered by Julian Assange supporters in the Blue Room. Continue Reading
The USA hit show Suits is about to embark on an epic college tour. Cast members will be traveling to colleges all over the country, including UCLA, Northwestern, and Harvard. Attendees will be able to see the new season’s premier episode before it airs on March 6. After the viewing, students will get the opportunity to engage in a Q&A with the actors of the show. The best part? We can nominate Brown to be a stop on the tour. This is where civic engagement is key. Everyone and their mothers should log on to Suits on Campus and nominate Brunonia. They’re heading to Harvard on February 27, so it seems like Brown would be an obvious choice for their next stop. The results will be posted on February 24, so you have plenty of time to vote. Make sure to share the page and get the word spreading around campus.
Hear ye, hear ye! Do you like Brown? Do you like writing about food, movies, sports, and enjoy the occasional round of Bergemash?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, BlogDailyHerald wants YOU!
To find out more, join us this week at one of our three information sessions at the Brown Daily Herald Office at 195 Angell Street. Info sessions will be held on Tuesday (1/28) at 7 p.m., Thursday (1/30) at 8 p.m., and Monday (2/3) at 8 p.m. Also feel free to stop by our table at the Activities Fair on Wednesday (2/5) from 7 to 9 p.m. in Alumnae Hall! Applications will be due Friday, February 7th. If you’re not able to make any of these meetings, don’t worry – just shoot us an email at email@example.com and let us know that you want an application. If you’re interested, check out our Facebook event and RSVP as soon as possible. Hope to see you all there, Brunonia.
Brown CIS has been making moves lately. This past semester, they hooked us up with an online subscription to The New York Times, listened to our movement to improve Brown Secure, and took steps to make our
demands dreams a reality. Now, they’re at it again, offering all Brown undergrad and graduate students free access to Microsoft Office 365. This set includes the usual suspects (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as a few ancillary programs (Outlook, Publisher, Access). Gone are the days of using third party programs and bootleg substitutes (or just paying a lot of money). To download the programs, go to this link and follow the instructions. You’ll have to use your Brown username and password to log in, and then you’re good to download any of the programs. So have at it, Brunonia. A new era awaits us — one of equal access to programing and equal opportunity to make snazzy PowerPoints.
As 2013 comes to an end, the Internet is ripe with end-of-the-year “best of 2013″ lists: best photos, best songs, movies, and of course, best university confessions. A post on Brown Confessions made BuzzFeed’s Craziest College Confessions of 2013. Which confession? you might ask. None other than “I’ve been faking a British accent since I got to Brown and it’s gotten me so much pu**y.” Satisfied? I personally think there were a lot better ones this semester. So with that, let’s recap the top six confessions of this semester:
- The creep: “I knew the telescope that my grandpa gave me last summer in Weehawken would come in handy. I live in the Keeney quadrangle and some nights, when my roommate is out, I use it to look into the rooms of the girls across the courtyard. Those lollipop undies are so hot. Next time you leave the lights on, keep the shades up, I’ll be watching…”
- The most blasphemous: “I had forgotten that Brown University Compliments existed until a rogue post appeared on my news feed today. Sorry BlogDH.”
- The existential crisis: “I am a senior and I am beginning to F R E A K T H E F U C K O U T about my impending real adult life.”
- The asshole: “I pretend to be on board with my girlfriend’s feminist causes because she is really hot and our sex is great, but also because I know it comes from an insecurity that I can exploit when I need to. Yeah, come at me Brown.”
- The most relatable: “Sometimes I treat myself and I go to the Ratty soda dispenser and I pour a little ginger ale, let the foam sit, and make all these bitches wait for me to pour a little more and let the foam sit again, and repeat until I have a sexy ass full glass of delicious ginger ale.”
- The daredevil: “Just let out a (hopefully) silent 10 second fart in the Absolute Quiet Room at the Rock while wearing headphones. This is how I live dangerously.”
Happy holidays everyone!