Image via Emily Gilbert ’14.
With #FLOCKAGATE behind us, and the thrill of the official artist announcement long over, BlogDH is excited to present an equally as important lineup: Main Green #EEEEATS. This year BCA #blessed us with seven local vendors to satisfy our cravings during Friday’s and Saturday’s concerts. Check out the rookies and old-timers below–nourish, HYDRATE and have fun!
1. Mexico – If you’re feeling spicy?
2. Taste of India – Just the thought of Indian food on a hot and sunny day makes me a bit nauseous, but to each his/her own.
3. Ben and Jerry’s –
4. Frenchy’s – Popcorn and such.
5. New England Lemonade – H2O is probably a better source of hydration, but a cup of sugary lemonade doesn’t sound horrible.
6. Duck and Bunny – Cupcakes. Beware of long lines…
7. Pizza Gourmet – I guess BCA was feeling fancy this year and opted out of Domino’s. I welcome this switch, but my stance against Domino’s is highly controversial.
In two days, the entire campus will transform for the 55th installment of one of Brown’s greatest traditions. Spring Weekend is definitely about tanks, sunshine (hopefully), and music, but it’s also about history. Since 1960, Brown has hosted some of the most significant musicians in the industry. Such formative headliners include Bob Dylan, Ella Fitzgerald, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Janis Joplin, Ike & Tina Turner, Bob Marley &The Wailers…
BlogDH presents a playlist of some of the best acts from 1960-2000.
To whoever sacrificed their first/third born child, we are forever indebted to you. MAMA KIM’S IS BACK BABY! And they’re back for good, according to the truck employees.
All of the Korean BBQ your stomach desires, right in front of Faunce until 8 p.m. (note: not on Thayer). And for the rest of the year. And hopefully forever and ever.
The 19 piece brass band, What Cheer? Brigade, has been a staple for the Spring Weekend line up since 2012. They aren’t a big name, and some might think, due to their early slot, skipping their show isn’t a big deal. WRONG. What Cheer? is not optional! They are the bees’ knees, the ducks’ intestines, and we are excited as hell for them to come play. If you want to read more about their sound, check out last year’s hype post for the returning champs (and dead chimps). For 2015, we’re going to skip all of the pleasantries. Instead of trying to put a typical performance into words, here is a collection of photos from the 2014 “Find Your Friends” album. We’d like to show you just how good a time we had below the jump. Continue Reading