My first Geoff’s experience was four years ago when my family and I made the trek up I-95 for my older sister’s college visits. While I wish the instant I sunk my teeth into that superlative sandwich was the moment I knew Brunonia held a spot in my future, I remember being unimpressed by its flavor and only semi-appreciated the giant barrel of free pickles. Then again, I made the rookie mistake of creating my own boring sandwich. I now know that the extensive sandwich board serves to work in your favor — don’t mess with it. Four years later and over three months into my freshman year, I ventured down Meeting Street for a second taste — and, as my friend’s Instagram caption reveals, a meal that is truly “heaven between two slices of bread.” Although the making of these sandwiches is debatably art, and the vibe of the establishment certainly plays into its deliciousness factor, here are some ways to recreate a Geoff’s original with the simple swipe of your ID: [Read more →]
Five reasons Tuesdays are excellent, in order of increasing obscurity.
1. Two-for-1 Tuesdays. We’ll also take this opportunity to point out that *liking* Geoff’s Facebook page gets you a 2-for-1 coupon you can use any day of the week. Tunaberry erry day!
2. Quesadillas at Jo’s. Though Monday burritos might leave us conflicted…
3. $7 Movies at Providence Place Mall. This is a real deal when it comes to 3D movies, which also cost only $7 on Tuesdays (as opposed to a gazillion dollars normally). We had a great time at Beauty and the Beast, just saying.
4. Dollar Burger Night at Bar Louie, downtown. Crazy cheap.
5. Star Gazing. Ladd Observatory is open to the public on Tuesday evenings from 7 to 9 pm, if the weather permits. But in cloudy Providence, it somehow never does, which can make this Tuesday event very obscured indeed.