Campus life getting you down? Checked off everything on your back to campus guide-to-the-outside? With the hustle and bustle of a
big city like Providence paired with so many trees and not enough apples on the Main Green, you might just be in need of a relaxing fall day. As luck would have it, Rhode Island is perfect for the quintessential fall outing: apple-picking. Check out these orchards, all within fifteen miles of Brown’s campus.
Dame Farm 91-B Brown Avenue, Johnston, RI 02919
- Distance from campus: 10.3 miles
- Besides apple-picking, buy blueberries, peaches, pears, plums, and assorted veggies (unlike apples, these aren’t pick-your-own).
- By RIPTA: Take the 10X from Weybosset Post Office to Hartford FS Brown, plus about 1.6 mi walking total.
- Estimated Uber fare: $12-17
Pippin Orchard 751 Pippin Orchard Road, Cranston, RI 02921
- Distance from campus: 11.6 miles
- Besides apple-picking, buy fruits, vegetables, maple syrup, honey, and assorted baked goods.
- By RIPTA: Take the 19 from the Providence bus stop (the large terminal on Washington St.) to Amflex NS Comstock, plus about 2.3 mi walking total.
- Estimated Uber fare: $13-18