Wednesday, October 14
Event: Steve Jobs Free Screening
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Avon Cinema
In case you don’t have midterms on Thursday (or even if you do), come see Michael Fassbender’s take on Steve Jobs in Aaron Sorkins latest film. It’s sold out on Eventbrite, but doors will open at 6:45 p.m. for those who were not able to secure a ticket.
Thursday, October 15
Event: SPEC Presents: Fall Fest
Time: 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
Location: Simmon’s Quad
This annual event is marked by its astounding commitment to free fall-themed food for students. If you haven’t been already overwhelmed by apples, apple donuts, apple cider, pumpkin pie, etc. yet, this event is not to be missed. There will also be plenty of student groups performing!
Friday, October 16
Event: EXPO vol. II
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Granoff Martinos Auditorium
Brown Motion Pictures and PREVIEW are showcasing Brown/RISD media work ranging from hand-drawn animation to experimental audio. The goal is to provide space for this kind of artwork, while simultaneously making these works to be more understandable by the public… not to mention it’s free and open to the public.
Low on meal creds? Today’s your lucky day. Eat free or dine trying.
Cookies on the Main Green
11 a.m.–2 p.m.
The Students for a Democratic Society want to give you cookies. Fo’ free.
Why Do We Watch Stupid Cat Videos? How Do Pets Amuse?
Rhode Island Hall 108
We really can’t wait for this one. With thought-provoking discussion on various YouTube cat videos and free food, this is a cool thing you shouldn’t miss. Meow. Continue Reading
Eat free or dine trying.
ReSPECt the Exec
Leung Family Gallery
6:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Free “All-American Food” — funnel cake!?!? — from SPEC for all those who show up to an election night coverage party in Faunce. The (really) big screen will be up and running.
Today’s SPEC Us Out: Del’s and Donuts is the latest in a series of genius moves from SPEC. Take advantage of the beautiful weather today to bust out of that library (or classroom if your profs aren’t observing reading period) to get some free Del’s lemonade and Dunkin’ Donuts. Better hurry up! The event lasts until 1:30 PM, but the donuts are going fast!
- You’ll probably already be sitting on the Main Green day-drinking when they set it up.
- Dinner without spending a meal credit: SPEC promises a great cook-out with all the regulars (hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers), but it’s the extras that are setting them apart from the Ratty — cookies, snow cones, cotton candy, ice cream sandwiches, popcorn, water, lemonade and iced tea.
- Implication that this is one of those rare occasions when you can actually find a bottle of water on Brown’s campus
- To get a dope tattoo for the weekend: This year will be the first featuring an airbrush tattoo artist, so start thinking about what you want.
- The chance to take revenge on that professor who graded you too harshly at the charity dunk tank (and all the proceeds will go to the kids!)
- The opportunity to watch your drunk friend embarrass himself on a mechanical bull: Photographs are priceless and may ruin future job prospects.
- It looks like it’s going to be the only Spring Weekend event not menaced by the threat of rain. So soak up that sunshine while you can!
Thanks to Holly Lauridsen ’11, co-president of SPEC, for the facts about the event, which happens tonight on the Main Green from 5 pm to 8 pm.
See you there!