As you (should) know, tonight’s the State of the Union. And as you also should know, it’ll probably be more fun if you’re drinking. So without further ado, Blog Daily Herald’s 2010 State of the Union drinking game.
Supplies: whiskey*, sweet soft drinks
*For students with classes tomorrow morning, the game can instead be played with vodka.
- Every time the camera shows Sen. Whitehouse, Sen. Reed, Rep. Langevin or Rep. Kennedy, drink.
- Every time the opposition boos an indisputable statement of fact, drink.
- Every time Biden claps at an inappropriate moment, drink.
- Every time Obama mentions America’s ideals while conspicuously avoiding mention of Gitmo, drink.
- Every time the camera shows freshman Sen. Scott Brown, drink until he looks like Ted Kennedy.
- Every time Obama mentions health care, drink, chase with sweet soft drink to counteract debilitating bitterness
— Ben Schreckinger