An email from Russell Carey has just been sent to the Brown community announcing all classes and operations to be canceled on Tuesday, January 27th. RISD has also canceled all classes. Juno marks the third storm in 40 years to prompt Brown to cancel a full day of classes. Despite 2014 being reported as the warmest year in recorded history, this upcoming blizzard is already being called “historic.”
A couple of things for you to keep in mind:
- The Ratty will be the only dining hall open tomorrow, with hours from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The Blue Room will close at 6 tonight, instead of it’s typical 9 p.m. closing.
- Brown Public Safety and Medical Services will still be fully operational.
- Report any power outages to 401 963-7800.
And a couple of words of advice from Blog:
- Stay indoors.
- Snuggle for warmth.
- Stock up on food (Odwalla bars?).
- Watch Juno all day.
[Update: Libraries are closing at 8 p.m. tonight and will remain closed all day Tuesday.]