The ever joyous and festive Cinco de Mayo tends to fall during a not-so-festive reading period for Brown students. Sure, this timing may be less than ideal, but engaging in the Cinco de Mayo festivities is a welcome break from the tedium of studying. Need a study break? Here are six reasons why you should check out the 3rd Annual Cinco de Mayo Block Party, taking place today from 12-6 p.m. on Westminster between Eddy and Clemence.
- Face painting. Everyone needs to regress a bit, especially during finals.
- Mariachi de Brown. Bet you didn’t know we had a mariachi band.
- Curious as to where all your favorite food trucks are? They may or may not be on dishing out on Westminster. Go say hello to Like No Udder, Sprout, Mijos, and PVD Pudding Pops, among others.
- Writer’s block? You can write Happy Cinco de Mayo messages on a Mini Cooper courtesy of ZipCar. Get those creative juices flowing.
- Stressed? Smash a Pinata…or two.
- If you’re of age, get your tequila fix at the Block Party’s outdoor bar. It’s a beautiful day, and margaritas are calling your name.
See you there!