Yeah. That looks deadly. It’s supposed to be 47 degrees and rainy today, so you probably will have to say goodbye to your snow forts. On a scarier note, the balmy weather is almost definitely going to send some of these things falling down from a roof. Keep your eyes up.
That crafty, cunning bitch. Gray-eyed Athena in all her metis has crafted a winter storm and will proceed into battle with the Northeast tonight just a little over week after we had to deal with the rowdy Sandy (Cohen).
Conditions will include rain mixed with snow, wind gusts over 50 mph, and temperatures in the low 30s, all products of the goddess’ detailed, calculated work.
There’s no way to hold this storm back: while Sandy (Cohen) may have been easily distracted by the presence of bagels, the helmet-wearing, spear-bearing Athena means business. Don’t even try to seduce her… the virginal goddess won’t budge. Hephaestus tried it before, and trust us, it didn’t work. Everyone on Olympus made fun of him, and they’ll make fun of you too.
Today’s Hurricane Day was a welcomed break from the tedium of midterms and, of course, an extension of the Halloweek festivities. We saw a little rain, lots of inside-out umbrellas near the infamous SciLi wind tunnel, and remnants of fall foliage strewn all over the streets. But Governor Chafee ’75 P’14 has warned that it’s going to get a lot worse: “The forecast is ominous.” The governor has spoken.
We have taken it upon ourselves to be your very own Al Roker. Here’s what is happening in our neck of the woods:
- As of 6:50 p.m., 100,000+ National Grid customers in Rhode Island were without power.
- Southern New England will see the most rain and wind from 7–9 p.m. tonight.
- A coastal flood warning is in effect until 1 p.m. tomorrow.
- A High Wind Warning is in effect until 6 a.m. Tuesday morning. Winds will remain around 35–45 mph but have the potential to reach 75 mph.
- In addition to Brown, URI and CCRI have cancelled classes for tomorrow. Margaret Klawunn, you might be our new hero. You are officially invited into the elite gang of school administrators we are obsessed with. We’re sure Dean Bova and K-Berg will be thrilled that you’re joining them. Who knows? Maybe next year you’ll make it onto our Halloween banner.